viewofwestendrd

WEST END ROAD, 1900

The old Vicarage (now renamed Corinthian House) is on the extreme left, with Dunmore House left of centre. Earlsland House is right of centre. The wooded area to bottom left is where Townlands is now. Hele road runs along the bottom of the photo with Cholwill thatched Cottages.

view1921

AERIAL PHOTO TAKEN IN 1921

The photo shows north Bradninch from Fore street to Cullompton Hill. At this time there was no Culver Close, Heggadons Close. Do you see a difference with parsonage street near the Manor? This was at the time when the road used to go right along side the Manor house. The photo also shows the number of orchards that used to be around Bradninch.

viewfromcullhill VIEW FROM CULLOMPTON HILL, DATE UNKNOWN

Heggadon close is now where the Bradninch text is above.
viewofbradninch

AERIAL VIEW OF NORTH END OF BRADNINCH, DATE EARLY 1960'S

Millway Gardens is now where the big, white, flat roof near the centre of the photo. The bottom left corner is where Dukes Orchard is now. Kensham close would be to the bottom right corner.

viewofbradninchclose CLOSE-UP VIEW OF THE CENTRE OF THE TOWN FROM PHOTO ABOVE

The centenary trees (1900) down Fore Street are clearly visible, they must have been around 20 years old at this time. The two sun blinds down Fore Street are the Draper's at No. 6 and the Grocer's at No. 8. The area of trees to right middle is where Hornbeam Gardens is now. The long white building to the lower right is the Chapel with the School above.
view1965 AERIAL VIEW OF THE CENTRE OF BRADNINCH AROUND 1965
viewofhele

AERIAL PHOTO OF HELE SOMETIME BETWEEN THE TWO WARS

The majority of the photo is taken up by Hele Mills. Hele square is left middle. The avenue on London Plain trees to the back of the mill are clearly shown.


Acknowledgments-
Photos & text for this page taken from Anthony Taylor's books on Bradninch. For more photos please buy the book called Bradninch & Hele Past, available at the Bradninch Post Office.