BRADNINCH BOWLING CLUB
AFFILIATED TO THE E.B.A. & D.C.B.A.
|President: Gerald Reed|
|Hon. Treasurer||Hon. Secretary|
Tel: (01392) 881581
Tel: (01392) 881408
The Bradninch Bowling Club was founded in 1922 with the first matches being played in 1923.
As with all clubs we have seen high periods and low but have managed to run quite successfully without a break.
When the green was first laid it was constructed with only four rinks which meant that we could only play in one direction, also there was no pavilion. However thanks to the generosity of the late W. A. Nicks a pavilion was built in memory of his daughter who died young.
In 1965 the pavilion was enlarged and a bar was incorporated which meant that not only could we entertain our visitors but also enjoy a drink ourselves, In 1988 another extension was carried out that enabled us to incorporate inside toilet facilities and two rather small changing rooms as by this time we had welcomed Ladies to the Club.
The present committee however were still not satisfied and in 1998 set about the task of bringing the Club into the 21st century. Hedges were demolished and banks were removed which enabled us to extend the green so as to be able to play six rinks in both directions. At the same time the green was completely relaid. Also new larger changing rooms were built and a new machinery shed. In all the final amount for this was in excess of £60,000
Our only remaining problem now is to attract new members both men and ladies in order to fulfil our larger fixture list. With this in mind we extend a very warm welcome to you to come and join us. We have a club evening every Monday during the summer season and you will find our fees are quite reasonable, in fact we do a special introductory offer to new bowlers.
Please come along have a go young or old all are welcome.
For more detail just ring 01392 881408 and ask for Cecil or Wendy